Here at CMIC, we aim to transform mining toward a zero-waste industry. We do that by anticipating and identifying industry challenges, and providing a forum for connection, collaboration and innovation.
2020 was a challenging year but our organization, along with our partners and members, never faltered in our commitment to environmental responsibility. It was business as usual, as we worked to develop technologies and best practices to move mining forward into a more profitable, sustainable future.
Here are some of the highlights from 2020, and a word on what lies in store for CMIC in 2021.
In the past 12 months even in the middle of a pandemic, we:
- Welcomed four new members: Optimize Group, Molycop, MineSense and Centerra Gold. We are excited to have them onboard and look forward to the knowledge and capabilities they will bring to our innovation challenges.
- Launched four new technology consortia projects and created a healthy portfolio with new projects slated to begin in 2021. These ground-breaking projects are:
- Became one of two global innovation organizations asked to help the International Council on Metals and Mining (ICMM) execute on one of their technology innovation programs. We will be sharing more about this partnership in the coming months.
- Opened a new office in Sudbury, in partnership with MineConnect and Norcat. This expansion represents another significant milestone in CMIC’s continued growth, and is indicative of our industry’s commitment to collaboration and improvement.
- Launched our new digital brand and website, ReThink Mining, which is a useful source of information on our projects.
The CMIC team is excited about the opportunities ahead of us in 2021. We look forward to continuing our important work with current partners and members, and to welcoming new members, from across the globe, into the fold.
Stay tuned to this blog for exciting updates and announcements.